Humanities Activities Academy
Our iHumanities College activities can be accessed remotely so that distance-learners can enjoy our numerous social and research opportunities.
Part of what makes us unique is that there is a close learning community between staff and students afforded partly by our teaching methods but also by our view that learning should be nonexclusive and that such collegiality enriches the learning experience of our students, whether undergraduate and postgraduate.
- Lampeter Philosophy Colloquium
Royal Institute of Philosophy Talks. Talks aim to be accessible to the public and engage people in philosophical dialogue. Talks take place via Zoom are followed by a Q & A period where you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and have a further discussion. All welcome – undergraduates, postgraduates, and members of the public.** Find out about all the events of the Royal Institute of Philosophy.
- Postgraduate Philosophy Symposium
A Weekly Discussion of Creative, Philosophical and Literary Ideas. Hosted by world renowned scholar, Professor Chris Norris. Takes place via Zoom. Live. This is for PG students interested in Philosophy, Creative Writing and Literary Criticism.
- Research Seminar Series on Religion, takes place on TEAMS
Students from all parts of the world can attend live. Most seminars will also be recorded and can be watched later. All welcome – undergraduates and postgraduates.
- Lampeter and West Wales Classical Association
Online series of talks. All welcome – undergraduates and postgraduates.
- Doctoral College Summer School.
- The Berchmans Autumn School of Critical Theory and Philosophy
(A series of online lectures by scholars across the globe) – this is an international event that attracts students and scholars from all over the world. Book early to avoid disappointment. The next School will be hosted by our Humanities College in the summer of 2021.
- Online 24/7 Discussion Forums for each subject
Separate Forums for Undergraduates and Postgraduates. These Forums are for you to discuss ideas, course material, and socialise online with other students.
- Humanities Research Students Development Day.
- Joint Roderick Bowen and Classical Association online talks.
- Lampeter Society online talks.
- Learned Society Talk.
- Cross-Faculty undergraduate symposium
(principally Architecture and the Humanities): a day of inter-disciplinary talks and discussions.
- Free Thought: Graduate and Postgraduate Philosophy and Religion Conference.
*Activities may vary. The activities above relate to 2019-2020, and 2020-21 but are not exhaustive. All activities are active or have been active at the time of writing.
** Open to the public. If you are interested in joining, contact Rebekah Humphreys at firstname.lastname@example.org for programme and Zoom link.